Dave’s Bike Site provides helpful reviews, buying guides and how-to tips for cyclists. It is our goal to get more people riding by making cycling more affordable and by helping shoppers find the best deals on bikes. We provide reviews on road bikes, hybrid bikes and mountain bikes, that are based on Dave’s years of riding and repairing bicycles. Dave also shares his take on what are the most reliable accessories, including his favorite bike computers and bike pumps.
His goal is to make cycling affordable for more people.
This scholarship is available to any college student who aspires to live a healthy, active life while in college. Dave’s goal is to inspire the “Freshman 15” in that new college students begin riding 15 miles a week instead of adding 15 pounds of fat their first semester!
Even if you never want to go pro — or have never ridden a bike — college is an excellent place to pick up the sport. Many students take on cross-country bicycle tours or become regular cycling commuters while in college.
Dave found fitness while in college through cycling, and wants to get more college kids on their bikes!
How To Apply:
- Borrow a bike (if you don’t have one).
- Record yourself on camera talking about why you love cycling.
- Upload the Video to Youtube
- Insert a link to http://www.davescheapbikes.com in the description area.
- Send the Youtube link to your video to Dave@davescheapbikes.com
- Include Your Name, College Name, College Year, Major, Email and Phone Numbers we can reach you at.
In any month where 10 unique applicants send their videos in, we hold the scholarship contest. Because we hold it more frequently, the scholarship award is now $250
Here’s how the videos are scored:
- Telling an inspiring story (10pts)
- Riding the Bicycle (5pts)
- Displaying your College emblems (T-shirt, Swag, etc.) (5 pts)
- Community Vote (likes, comments, shares, virality, etc.) (1pt)
Visit My Site!
- [Fat Tire Bike] The Mountain Bike, Reinvented
- A Review Of The Top Hybrid Bicycles For Sale
- About Me | FTC and Review Disclosure
- Best 3 Seasucker Bike Rack Reviews: Everything You Need To Know
- Best Bike For Completing Your First Triathlon???!
- Bike Floor Pump Reviews – Buy One That Won’t Die
- Buzz Lightyear Bike For Kids [Discontinued]
- Comparing The Schwinn Prelude To Other Entry-Level Road Bikes
- Cycling To Get Fit And Lose Weight
- Cyclists Pay Their Fair Share!
- Dave’s Bike Review Scholarship (Ongoing)
- Dave’s Cheap Bikes
- DeskCycle Review
- Diamondback Haanjo Review [2016/2017]
- Does Sportlegs Work?
- Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike With Pulse
- Explaining Mountain Bike Type Differences. Which are you?
- GMC Denali Road Bike Review […Buy This Instead]
- How Does The DB Trace Compare To The Other Dual Sport Bikes?
- How To Buy a Bike For Commuting In Style
- Indoor Bike Reviews For Increasing VO2MAX
- Keiser M3i and Plus Comparison | Worth The Investment?
- Lengthening Your Lifespan With The Fitdesk 2.0
- List Of Dave’s Blogposts
- Schwinn 170 Indoor Workout Bike Review
- Schwinn Airdyne AD6 review
- Schwinn Phocus Road Bike Review [Beginner’s Corvette?]
- SitNCycle For Weight Loss. Does It Work?
- Testing The Raleigh Tamland
- The Best Affordable Mountain Bikes That Will Give You A Mud-Eating Grin
- The Best Bikes For Back Pain Relief
- The Top Affordable Road Bikes
- 7 Amazing Road Bikes For First-Time Riders
- Best Road Bike Shoes – Where Power And Price Meet
- Fixies With Flair
- Recumbent Road Bike Guide
- SPD-SL Versus Everyone Else: Which Pedals Are Right For You?
- Speed + Simplicity = Cheap Single-Speed Road Bicycles
- Your Kiddo Wants To Be A Roadie? A Review Of The Best Road Bikes For Children
- ThickSlicks Tire Review
- Which Is Better? Trainer vs Rollers
- Who Makes Schwinn Bikes? Are Their Mountain Models To Be Trusted?
- Will This Bike Fit Me?
- Wireless, Wired Or GPS? How Crazy Should You Get?